Tuesday 25 January 2011

Kitchen Machinery

I am suddenly realizing that I, over the last few days, have 'introduced' a number of kitchen machines which are indeed very helpful in the kitchen. In case you don't have much already, here is a list of the machines I think are quite helpful to have:

The must have is:
A food processor - this is just a brilliant kitchen gadget and so useful for a long list of things (cutting, grating, mixing, blending etc). For anyone who is busy, a food processor is even more essential as it will save you a lot of time.

The very important additional one to have is:
A vegetable juicer - please see my earlier blog: http://alkalinefoods-ahealthierlife.blogspot.com/2011/01/vegetable-juices.html  for the reasons why it may be worth getting a juicer and what type of juicer I recommend.

And finally, the nice extras to have are:
A blender - reason for it not being essential in my opinion is that a food processor can do most of the things a blender can do for you. But I think something like the Detox Shake (http://alkalinefoods-ahealthierlife.blogspot.com/2011/01/detox-shake.html) is done better/more easily using a blender.
A vegetable steamer - I don't have one myself!!! It is however something that I had been wanting to buy for a while but just haven't got around to (and now I have been told I will get one for my birthday!). The vegetable steamers these days are incredibly advanced and have all sorts of 'vitamin preservation functions' etc. But obviously, one can live without it - at least I have for many many years, and the downside of them is that they are very 'space consuming'.

No comments:

Post a Comment