Saturday 5 February 2011

Refreshing Vegetable Juice


I previously wrote about the benefits of having vegetables juices (see post: http://alkalinefoods-ahealthierlife.blogspot.com/2011/01/vegetable-juices.html) and in that post provided you one mixture I have found very nice.

Another, slightly 'lighter', mixture which I can recommend is (the measurements below made 2 glasses in a masticating juicer):
Carrots - 500 g
Spinach - 100-150 g
Ginger - a small knob - add as little or as much as you like depending on how much 'heat' you like
Lime - 1 (peeled)

As per N. W. Walker's "Raw Vegetable Juices":
"Carrot juice among many benefits, helps normalize the entire system and can aid digestion, improvement and maintenance of the bone structure of the teeth and is a resistant to infections. It is the richest source of vitamin A as well as containing ample supply of vitamins B, C, D, E, G and K.

Spinach juice is the finest organic material for the cleansing, reconstruction and regeneration of the intestinal tract".

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. All of the emails and letters are so hard to keep up with, so I finally sat down and decided to write a comprehensive look at my diet. I’m writing this on the fly, so even though it’s long, I will most certainly leave some important things out.. ‘Sorry’ about that in advance.

    ReplyDelete